Health and Safety (H&S) regulations require that the employee uses his/her desk with a minimal risk to health. Health and Safety Executive (HSE) directives for DSE came into force on the 1st of January 1993.
It requires the employers to:
- Analyse workstations to assess and reduce risks
- Ensure workstations meet specified minimum requirements
- Plan work activities so that they include breaks or changes of activity
- Provide eye and eyesight tests on request, and special spectacles if needed.
- Provide information and training.
Corporate Onsite Therapies can provide DSE (Display Screen Equipment) assessments compatible with H&S regulations with the added benefit of an enhanced knowledge of posture and body mechanics.
The DSE assessment is completed with a written report available to the employee and company.
Corporate Onsite Therapies will for instance have more than the knowledge required to adapt a work place to an employee who has a specific initial back/musculoskeletal complaint, thanks to our medical background.
See website HSE DSE regulations and Guidance for initial information
and the following documentation:
Working with VDUs ISBN 0717615049 www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg36.pdf
VDUs an easy guide to regulation ISBN 0717607356
DSE Work, Guidance on regulation ISBN 0 &176 04101
Seating at work ISBN 0717612317